Idaho law does not:
• Prohibit individuals convicted of domestic violence misdemeanors from possessing firearms or ammunition (unlike federal law );
• Require courts to notify domestic abusers when they become prohibited from possessing firearms or ammunition under federal law ;
• Require the surrender of firearms or ammunition by domestic abusers who have become prohibited from possessing firearms or ammunition under federal law ; or
• Explicitly authorize or require the removal of firearms or ammunition at the scene of a domestic violence incident.
See our Domestic Violence and Firearms policy summary for a comprehensive discussion of this issue.
- However, Idaho does prohibit persons subject to certain protective orders from receiving a license to carry a concealed weapon. Idaho Code Ann. § 18-3302(11)(l).