- Any person who gives false information or offers false evidence of the person’s identity in complying with Hawaii’s gun permitting and registration laws;1
- Any person who transfers a firearm without verifying that the transferee has obtained a permit to acquire a firearm, which may only be issued after a background check;2
- Any person who acquires a firearm or brings a firearm into the state without registering it;3
- Any person who possesses a firearm that is owned by another without a permit, except that any lawfully acquired rifle or shotgun may be lent to an adult for use within the state for up to fifteen days without a permit.4
See our Trafficking & Straw Purchasing policy summary for a comprehensive discussion of this issue.
- Haw. Rev. Stat. § 134-17(a).
- Haw. Rev. Stat. § 134-2.
- Haw Rev. Stat. § 134-3.
- Haw Rev. Stat. § 134-4(b).