Ohio does not:
- Require a license for the sale of ammunition;
- Require sellers of ammunition to maintain a record of the purchasers;
- Prohibit persons who are ineligible to possess firearms under state law from possessing ammunition, although the federal ammunition purchaser prohibitions apply;
- Prohibit armor-piercing ammunition, although the federal prohibition on certain kinds of armor-piercing ammunition applies; or
- Otherwise regulate ammunition.
See our Ammunition Regulation policy summary for a comprehensive discussion of this issue.