Persons Prohibited from Purchasing/Possessing Ammunition
Delaware prohibits the purchase, ownership, possession or control of ammunition by the same categories of persons who are ineligible to purchase or possess firearms under state law.1 See the Delaware Prohibited Purchasers Generally section for these prohibited categories.
Minimum Age to Purchase/Possess Ammunition
Delaware prohibits the transfer of ammunition to persons under age 18, unless the person transferring the ammunition is the minor’s parent or guardian or first receives the permission of the minor’s parent or guardian.2
Delaware does not:
- Require a license for the sale of ammunition;
- Require sellers of ammunition to maintain a record of the purchasers;
- Require a license to purchase or possess ammunition; or
- Prohibit the possession, transfer or use of armor-piercing or other unreasonably dangerous ammunition, although the federal prohibition on certain kinds of armor-piercing ammunition applies.
Our experts can speak to the full spectrum of gun violence prevention issues. Have a question? Email us at email@example.com.Contact
- Del. Code Ann. tit. 11 § 1448.
- Del. Code Ann. tit. 11 § 1445(4).