Kansas law prohibits possessing, manufacturing, causing to be manufactured, selling, offering for sale, lending, purchasing or giving away any cartridge which can be fired by a handgun and which has a plastic-coated bullet that has a core of less than 60% lead by weight.1
Kansas law doesnot:
- Impose a minimum age for the purchase or possession of ammunition (although federal law applies);
- Prohibit individuals ineligible to possess firearms under state law from possessing ammunition;
- Require sellers of ammunition to maintain a record of the purchasers;
- Require a license for the purchase or possession of ammunition; or
- Require a license to sell ammunition.
Our experts can speak to the full spectrum of gun violence prevention issues. Have a question? Email us at email@example.com.Contact
- Kan. Stat. Ann. § 21-6301(a)(6).