Oklahoma bans the possession, carrying, use, attempted use, manufacture, importation, advertising for sale or sale of any “restricted bullet.”1
A “restricted bullet” is a round or elongated missile with a core of less than 60% lead and that has a fluorocarbon coating, designed to travel at high velocity and capable of penetrating body armor.2
Oklahoma also prohibits carrying a concealed handgun loaded with ammunition larger than.45 caliber.3
In 2011, Oklahoma enacted a law prohibiting certain conduct relating to fraudulent purchase of ammunition. See our Oklahoma Trafficking section.
- Require a license for the sale of ammunition;
- License persons who purchase or possess ammunition;
- Require sellers of ammunition to maintain a record of the purchasers; or
- Prohibit persons who are ineligible to purchase or possess firearms under state law from purchasing or possessing ammunition, although the federal ammunition purchaser prohibitions apply.
Our experts can speak to the full spectrum of gun violence prevention issues. Have a question? Email us at email@example.com.Contact
- Okla. Stat. Ann. tit. 21, §§ 1289.20, 1289.21.
- Okla. Stat. Ann. tit. 21, § 1289.19.
- Okla. Stat. Ann. tit. 21, § 1290.6.