A hotelkeeper has the right to evict a person, whether or not the person is a guest of the hotel, who seeks to bring a firearm into the hotel.1 The hotelkeeper is not required to provide accommodations, facilities or privileges of the hotel to any such person.2
State administrative regulations require any agency that enters into a Medicaid provider agreement with the state for the provision of mental health clinic services to prohibit firearms in the clinic facility.3 In addition, firearms are not allowed in:
- A children’s residential care facility;4
- Children’s therapeutic outdoor programs;5 and
- State veterans’ homes.6
Concealed weapons licensees are prohibited from carrying concealed weapons into any courthouse, juvenile detention facility, or jail, unless they have been authorized to carry a weapon by a person or entity with authority over the building or facility.7 Concealed weapons license holders are also subject to generally applicable location restrictions. For example, licensees generally may not carry a concealed weapon within a student dormitory or residence hall, or within the building of a “public entertainment facility” owned by a college or university (theaters, auditoriums, sports arenas, etc., with a seating capacity of at least 1,000) provided that proper signage is conspicuously posted at each public entrance to the facility notifying attendees of any restriction on the possession of firearms in the facility during the game or event.8
Idaho has no statutes prohibiting firearms in the following places, although administrative regulations may apply:
- Sports arenas (other than those related to an elementary or secondary school or certain facilities owned by colleges and universities);
- Gambling facilities;
- Polling places; or
- Establishments that serve alcohol.
Our experts can speak to the full spectrum of gun violence prevention issues. Have a question? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Contact
- Idaho Code Ann. § 39-1805.
- Idaho Code Ann. § 39-1809.
- Idaho Admin. Code r. 16.03.09.714.
- Idaho Admin. Code r. 16.06.02.734.
- Idaho Admin. Code r. 16.06.02.848.
- Idaho Admin. Code r. 21.01.01.201.
- Idaho Code Ann. § 18-3302C; see also Idaho Code Ann. § 18-3302D(4)(f).
- Idaho Code Ann. § 18-3309(2). These location restrictions are subject to limited exceptions, including that they do not apply to a person who possesses a firearm in a private vehicle while delivering students, employees or other persons to and from a university, college or public entertainment facility. Id.