Nevada provides that a concealed firearm permittee may carry a concealed firearm while he or she is on the premises of any public building other than:
- A public airport;
- A public school, child care facility, or property of the Nevada System of Higher Education (unless the permittee has obtained written permission to carry a concealed firearm while on the premises); or
- A public building that has a metal detector at each public entrance or a sign posted at each public entrance indicating that no firearms are allowed in the building (with limited exceptions for judges, prosecuting attorneys, employees working in that public building, or those with the written permission of a person in control of the public building).1
Nevada generally prohibits any person from interfering in the legislative process by willfully possessing any firearm in the state legislative building or any other place where the legislature conducts its business.2
Other locations where a permittee is not allowed to carry a concealed firearm, include:
- Any facility of a law enforcement agency;
- A prison, county or city jail or detention facility;
- A courthouse or courtroom;
- Any other building owned or occupied by the Federal Government, Nevada or a local government; or
- Any other place in which the carrying of a concealed firearm is prohibited by state or federal law.3
Nevada has no statutes prohibiting firearms in the following places, although administrative regulations may apply:
- Parks (The Administrator of the Division of State Parks, however, is prohibited from establishing restrictions on the possession of firearms within state parks or recreational facilities which are more restrictive than state law.4
- Places of worship;
- Bars or restaurants where alcohol is served;
- Sports arenas;
- Gambling facilities; or
- Polling places.
Our experts can speak to the full spectrum of gun violence prevention issues. Have a question? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Contact
- Nev. Rev. Stat. Ann. § 202.3673(1)-(4).
- Nev. Rev. Stat. Ann. § 218A.905(8).
- Nev. Admin. Code § 202.020.
- Nev. Rev. Stat. Ann. § 407.0475(2)(c).